Persian rugs are made from natural sheep’s wool. Therefore, a Persian rug is a sustainable and durable product by nature. However, regularly cleaning your rug will support its longevity. Here are a few tips and tricks:
- Vacuum-clean the rug in the direction of the pile and rotate it frequently. This will help to keep dust and dirt away. Fun Fact: Did you know that 30 minutes of vacuuming burns around 110 calories? Well, now you now! So if you wish, you can see your rug cleaning as a little workout.
- Dust off your rug! To free your rug from possible dirt and particles take your rug outside and beat it, "just beat it", in addition to the vacuuming. This will keep your rug fresh and clean.
- Rugs are sensitive to daylight, which means that they might change their colour over time if exposed to strong sunlight daily. Keep that in mind if you wish to preserve the vibrant colours of your rug. If you would like to change the colour of your rug, you are more than welcome to place it someplace flooded with sunlight.
- In case you spill something onto your rug, and it dries, remove it promptly by scraping it carefully toward the middle of the spot.
- In case of a wet stain caused by beverages, make sure not to rub it with a towel. We know, it intuitively feels right, but chances are, that you rub the dirt more in-depth into the pile. Carefully absorb the liquid with paper towels, damp with cloth and mild detergent.
- If you're unable to remove spots or stains from your rug, please contact a professional rug cleaner – he will know what to do!
If you need further assistance or advice to keep your rug in good shape, please feel free to reach out to us.